- To apply for admission, applicants must submit all the following required documents in person or by mail to the Office of Academic Support Division. The application packages must be received by the application deadline for each academic year. Late applications may be considered only if there are still remaining positions.
- A completed CGI Application for Graduate Admission (Form App01): Applicants are requested to indicate the order of preference for the three fields of study (i.e., Applied Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, and Environmental Toxicology). All applications will be processed according to the first field of study chosen by the applicants, and CGI will endeavor to accommodate the applicant’s preference, based on the Institute’s resources and the applicant’s qualifications.
- A minimum of two letters of recommendation (Form App02)
- Application for CGI Financial Support (Form App03) only if applying for financial support from CGI
- Official attested Transcript(s): 1 for each undergraduate and graduate institution attended, submitted with application
- Statement of Purpose: Please provide some proposed statements similar to a proposal for graduate studies. Be specific about the objectives and goals, as well as your particular interests. Give your reasons for wishing to do graduate work in the field you have chosen. Please indicate any particular scientific issues or problems you wish to address. If possible, please indicate your long-term professional goals.
- Scores from required tests (to be sent directly by testing organizations)
- Picture (1.5” x 1.5”)
- Applicants will be notified of their application status by email to the email address indicated in the application form (Form App01). If no email address is provided, the applicant will be notified by mail.
Application for admission will be reviewed and selected candidates will be interviewed by the respective Program Management Committee.
A formal offer of admission will be sent to qualified applicants by mail. The offer may either be unconditional or specify some conditions that must be satisfied before the offer can be made unconditional. In such cases, it is the candidates’ responsibility to promptly provide the required evidence to show that the conditions of the offer have been fulfilled. Additionally, upon the receipt of an offer of admission, candidates from outside Thailand must immediately apply for all necessary clearances and a travel authorization.
A confirmation of admission, which consists of a Certificate of Admission and an ED Visa Letter (for non-Thai nationals only), will be issued after the candidates have submitted a letter to accept the offer of admission and, if applicable, satisfied all the conditions indicated in the offer. The ED Visa Letter is required to be presented to the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate-General when applying for a visa to enter the Kingdom of Thailand.
The confirmation of admission will be valid only if the candidates can begin their graduate studies by the specified enrollment date. Enrollment after the first day of semester and up to the deadline for adding and dropping courses is permitted only in special circumstances.
Qualified applicants must also submit a Certificate of Physical and Mental Fitness duly written in English by a qualified physician, including the results of a chest x-ray examination. Any medical shortcomings, as well as all previous serious illnesses or operations, must also be indicated, especially if such handicaps could affect study at CGI.
Please send the completed application form via E-mail:
For further information, please contact
The Office of Academic Support Division
Tel : 02 554 1900 ext 2144